If you are new to chalet holidays, you will discover a unique way of making friends whether you are single, a couple, a family or a larger group - we cater for parties of all standards, shapes and sizes! Catered chalet holidays are less formal than hotels - meal times are like dinner parties at home, hosted by our chalet couples who will generally eat the meal with you, where you can relax and just be yourself - the chalet staff live in or close to the chalet and all have your enjoyment as their main priority - they cook, clean and generally take care of all your needs - all you have to do is sit back and enjoy yourself.
We base our catered concept on:
- Good accommodation - good standard catered chalets in good locations with the facilities you need on your holiday. Our chalets are not luxuriously appointed or of massive proportions but they are well maintained with en-suite facilities, comfortable furnishings and cosy log-fires. We don't believe in wasting money on huge bedrooms ... as you are only sleeping there in principle, we prefer to focus on the service provided and the total holiday experience whilst keeping the prices at a reasonable level
- Excellent staff - we are very choosy who we recruit as the chalet couple are the most important part of your holiday. We provide all staff with a comprehensive three week training programme and cookery school at the start of the season, we train them to cook every meal on our menu and we train them how to run their chalet. We monitor all our staff closely with our team of experienced resort managers and we also treat our staff well and provide them with the tools they need to deliver the service we demand as we believe happy staff means happy clients.
- Excellent food - our food is of an excellent standard in terms of the quality and quantity we provide. We set the menus centrally ourselves so chalet staff have no leeway to cut corners and we purchase all supplies centrally so they have no budgets to conform to. Our food is in very generous portions - we often have comments that there is too much! Our menus are designed to give you a good wholesome 'home cooked' meal with no 'fancy bits'! Whilst good presentation is maintained, we focus on filling you up rather than creating artwork on a plate. Our staff are also trained for our standard menu variations to deal with the requirements of vegetarians, lactose allergy, gluten allergy and nut allergy. With the standard of our food, there's no need to spend money in on-piste restaurants. Our standard menu in all chalets includes a full English breakfast option EVERY day (except staff day off) with genuine products imported from the UK for the real British taste.
- No hassle - we deal with everything you need for your holiday in advance. By making your ski passes available in the chalet when you arrive, booking your ski schools in advance and arranging your ski rental your arrival day is as smooth as possible. When you arrive, our resort manager will greet you and everything will be ready for you. Our sales team can advise you in advance of all the services available in resort so you can make the most of your holiday time.
- Flexibility - the ability to travel however you like - we don't package your travel automatically so you can travel how it suits you. We can help you arrange it all (except for actually booking the flights) so you're never alone - you just only pay for what you need and nothing more.
And if you go self catered, it doesn't mean you are left all alone ....Our self catered holidays have grown in recent years as we also have many guests who prefer the independence of an apartment or self catered chalet. This is not necessarily a cheaper option as eating out in mountain restaurants very quickly adds up to more than we charge for a catered chalet but it does give more freedom to choose and many people prefer this.
We have developed a programme working with a number of local accommodation suppliers and private owners to provide our guests with a wide choice of resort and apartment types and have several thousand properties on our books - ranging from 2 person studios to large luxury chalets.
All our self catered properties are privately owned and individual so you are booking a specific apartment rather than an apartment "type" - you can see photographs and full descriptions and choose the one that suits you best. Our self catered programme covers a number of different resorts - but we have focused our attention on the Three Valleys and Tarentaise area of the French Alps as it's proximity to our catered chalets allows us to provide the same support backup from our staff.
We are still able to provide a pre-booking service for most services in the resort as well as the same airport transfer services and we have local staff available to deal with any problems that may arise.